Plone-demo Upgrade to 4.3
Experience the best and the most recent!
Quintagroup would like to announce that our plone-demo website has been upgraded to the latest Plone version 4.3.
There has been quite a few improvements in Plone 4.3 compared to older version. Among the most relevant for content managers and end-users:
- Enhanced search. No advanced search form anymore. Plain text search now ignores accents.
- In-Plone theme editor. You can upload your Plone theme as a .zip file and edit the theme with the ACE editor.
- Dexterity replaced Archetypes. You define custom content types through the web, so no programming experience is needed.
- Improved RSS Syndication. There’s a syndication control panel to configure syndication. Writing newsfeeds is much easier now.
- Test mail server button in the email configuration settings. After you changed the settings, you can have Plone test the connection to your mail server.
- Switch to HTML5
- API for password validation policy. You can set your own password logic (length, characters, etc).
- Subsection CSS classes on <body> to make Diazo theming easier
- Official support for Python 2.7
- Fewer dependencies
- No Kupu and Upgrade to newer version of TinyMCE. This version of TinyMCE is fully supported by IE9.