Products.Carousel tool allows to add a rotating set of banner images in any section of Plone site. Different sets of banners can be used in different sections of the site. Banners can link to another page in the site, or an external URL. Plone Carousel provides options to customize the appearance of the banner as well as the length and type of transition. There is an optional pager provides navigation among the banners. See more features on carousel page on plone.org.
How to add carousel
To add carousel to certain site section:
- Go to Carousel item on a task bar
- Provide main information about your carousel behaviour, like banner elements, size, page type, type of transition, etc.
- Select Carousel Banner from Add new... drop-down menu
- Provide banner title, link, upload banner image and add some descriptive text depending on what you specified to be displayed in a carousel (Title/Text/Image).
- Save the carousel banner
- Publish newly-created carousel banner together with the Carousel Banners container.
- Carousel should now appear above content, as it is on this page.
We prepared several demo subfolders with different carousels added inside: