collective.embedly provides TinyMCE visual editor support for embed.ly service. As a result, videos, images and other rich media files can be inserted to Plone from different services through one API.
To embed media from the embedly-supported external resource to this Plone Demo site:
- Register in the embedly service. Upon completing sign up, you'll be provided with the API key. Copy and insert it into API Key field of Embedly settings (add /@@embedly-controlpanel to the site address).
- Go to the page's edit form, select a piece of text (TinyMCE makes the whole passage linked, so keep in mind that the whole passage will later be substituted with embedded media.) and click "Insert/Edit Embedly link" on the TinyMCE toolbar.
- In the popup window type in the URL of the object. You may click "Preview" to make sure the link is correct. Then click "Insert".
- You may customize video parameters (e.g. maxheight, maxwidth, autoplay) using Advanced settings tab.
- Save this page. Now when rendered, there will be "preview" from embed.ly service inserted instead of the linked text.
What services supported?
There are 204 services that support embedly service. See the following pages with demo content embedded with help of this package.